Registrations for the 2018/19 Season will open in October 2018, with club training commencing on the 10th of October 2018.
UWA Athletics Club is one of Western Australia’s oldest and most successful athletics clubs. Membership is open to athletes turning 12 and over (in the current calendar year) and abilities for both students and the general public.
By joining UWAAC you are welcome to use our training facilities at UWA Sports Park (McGillivray Oval), compete for UWAAC at the Athletics WA competitions and be involved with club activities such as relays, events and fundraisers.
- Free Club Training on Wednesdays from the 10th of October
- Compete for UWA Athletics Club at weekly competitions at the WA Athletics Stadium (AWA entry fee $18 per meet for unlimited events)
- Compete at the WA State Championships (Under 14 up to Open Age Groups)
- Compete in the UWAAC Mini Meets held monthly throughout winter
- 20% discount on physiotherapy and massage services Ascend Physiotherapy (HBF Stadium, Mount Claremont)
- Access to join The Screening Lab (additional $30 annual fee)
- Access to train at McGillivray Oval with training equipment available during club booking times
- Ability to apply for UWAAC travel assistance funding
- Possible subsidised coaching, leadership, or first aid courses for UWA students
- Plus our club awards night, annual quiz night, relays, social events and more
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration are now open! Visit the WA Athletics Registration Portal to register.
2018/19 MEMBERSHIP TYPES & FEES
|Membership type||Suitable for||Fees||Where to register:|
|Open Membership 2018/19||Suitable for athletes turning 18 and over as at the 31st of December 2018, who are not currently studying at the University of WA.||$155.00||WA Athletics Registration Portal|
|Concession Membership (for UWA Students or Staff or Under 18 Athletes)||Discounted membership rate is available for athletes who are either:
1. Under the age of 18 at the 31 December 2018 OR
2. Current students or staff of the University of WA.
|$105||WA Athletics Registration Portal|
|Little Athletics Dual Membership||Discounted membership rate for athletes who are registered with any Little Athletics club for the 2018/19 season. Must be turning 12 years or over in the current calendar year.||$60||WA Athletics Registration Portal|
|Training Access Membership||Suitable for athletes who do not wish to compete for UWA Athletics but wish to train at McGillivray during club booking times with a UWAAC Coach.||$100||This membership is NOT available through the Athletics WA portal. Visit the UWAAC Shop to purchase.
If you are under the age of 17, you may be interested in join the UWA Little Athletics Centre. Please visit their website for further information. You can have a dual-membership with UWA Little Athletics Centre and UWA Athletics Club, which will enable you to train and compete at UWA Little Athletics Centre competitions, whilst also competing at Athletics WA Strive Competitions (generally Friday nights).
To see a more detailed table of ALL UWAAC membership options, and the benefits each includes, click here.
Have any questions about becoming a member? Check out our FAQs.
NB: Non-UWA athletes cannot train during UWAAC bookings if not with a UWAAC coach.